Budgerigars, commonly known as Budgies, are native to the dry grassy areas of mainland Australia. These nomadic parrots form flocks of around 3-100, however in favorable conditions such as high rainfall these numbers can boom into the thousands! Adult male and female budgies can be distinguished by the colours of their ceres - Blue for males and Pink for female. This pin design is of a male wild budgie perched on native grass seed.
Fun Fact: The distinct colouring and patternerning of the budgerigar, with their black stripes helps confuse their predators as in flight they look blurry, especially when there are hundreds of them swarming, its makes it very difficult for a bird of prey to lock on to a specific target.
- Black nickel plated.
- Hard enamel fill.
- It measures 51mm in length.
- Metal butterfly clutches.
- Two pin studs on the back for extra security and to prevent rotating during wear.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and in a protective eco-friendly Cellophane bag.
- Due to photo lighting and differences in display screens from various devices, the colours of this item may be slightly different than pictured.
This item ships from Australia. Please check out the Shipping Policy page for lead times and shipping options.