The Gouldian Finch, also known as the Rainbow Finch, is a small finch native to savannah woodlands and grassy understories in the Kimberly region and Northern Territory of Australia. These finches were once widespread throughout northern Australia; however, in recent years, their population has dramatically decreased to around 2500 individuals giving them an endangered status. It is believed their rapid decline is due to inappropriate fire regimes, cattle grazing, other agricultural practices, and feral predators - particularly feral cats.
Fun Fact: Natural colour variations exist in the wild, with about 70-80% of Gouldian Finches having jet-black faces, 20-30% having red faces, and there is a scarce chance of a gold/orange-faced finch occurring occasionally as well.
We have two options to choose from Black-headed Gouldian Finches or Red-headed Gouldian Finches; please select your preference from the drop-down menu.
- Black nickel plated.
- Hard enamel fill.
- It measures 43mm in length.
- Metal butterfly clutches.
- Two pin studs on the back for extra security and to prevent rotating during wear.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and in a protective eco-friendly Cellophane bag.
- Due to photo lighting and differences in display screens from various devices, the colors of this item may be slightly different than pictured.
This item ships from Australia. Please check out the Shipping Policy page for lead times and shipping options.