Rainbow lorikeets are widespread throughout coastal northern and eastern Australia and have been introduced to Western Australia and Tasmania. As their name suggests, Rainbow Lorikeets are brightly coloured and exhibit patches of blue, green, yellow, red, orange, and grey. They are often seen atop native trees foraging in flowers and socializing amongst themselves. Rainbow lorikeets are cheeky and playful and are known to be bossy towards other birds, including those much larger than them, like Sulphur-crested cockatoos.
Fun Fact: Rainbow Lorikeets have a brush-like tongue specially adapted to help them gather nectar and pollen to eat.
- Black nickel plated.
- Hard enamel fill.
- It measures 51mm in length.
- Metal butterfly clutches.
- Two pin studs on the back for extra security and to prevent rotating during wear.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and in a protective eco-friendly Cellophane bag.
- Due to photo lighting and differences in display screens from various devices, the colours of this item may be slightly different than pictured.
This item ships from Australia. Please check out the Shipping Policy page for lead times and shipping options.