Tiger Moths are common across the coastal areas of eastern Australian and are also referred to as wasp moths as their small slender bodies, antennae and stature somewhat resemble a wasp. They get their name from their furry orange and black striped abdomen. They also have black wings with orange spots which really makes these moths stand out in contrast to other moths. These moths are known to be mostly active during the day and are nectar eaters which also helps them pollinate flowers.
Fun Fact: Tiger Moths can detect echolocation calls from bats and in response emit ultrasonic clicks which can jam the bats sonar system. This warms the bats that the moths are no good to eat and thus saves them for predation.
- Black Nickel plated OR Gold plated
- Hard enamel fill.
- Measures 50mm in length.
- Metal butterfly clutches.
- 2 pin studs on the back for extra security and to prevent rotating during wear.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and and in a protective eco-friendly Cellophane bag.
- Due to photo lighting and differences in display screens from various devices, the colours of this item may be slightly different than pictured.
This item ships worldwide from Coolangatta NSW, Australia. Please check out the Shipping Policy page for lead times and shipping options.