The King and Queen of the Aussie bush! Australian King parrots are well loved for their friendly demeanor and striking red and green colours. They are endemic to the east coast of australia where they can be found in dense sub-tropical forest areas as well woody eucalyptus forests. This pin features a male king parrot perched on Native Lilly pilly. We also have a female King parrot design here
Fun Fact: When nesting, King parrots will generally find a really deep tree hollow or hollowed out tree trunk. Sometimes the hollow opening can be as high as 10 meters up although the eggs are laid less than a meter to the ground as they prefer the soft decaying wood at found the bottom to nest in.
- Black nickel plated.
- Hard enamel fill.
- It measures 51mm in length.
- Metal butterfly clutches.
- Two pin studs on the back for extra security and to prevent rotating during wear.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and in a protective eco-friendly Cellophane bag.
- Due to photo lighting and differences in display screens from various devices, the colours of this item may be slightly different than pictured.
This item ships from Australia. Please check out the Shipping Policy page for lead times and shipping options.