The laughing kookaburra is the largest bird in the Kingfisher family. They are native to eastern Australia and have a range that extends from the Cape York Peninsula in Northern Queensland all the way to Cape Otway in South Australia. These birds get their name from their distinct laughing call.
Fun Fact: Kookaburras are skilled hunters and eat all manor of insects, frogs, reptiles and even other smaller birds. Because of their ability to hunt snakes and vermin, they have been introduced to Western Australia, Tasmania, Kangaroo Island, Flinders Island and even the North Island of New Zealand where there still remains as feral populations today.
Our pins make such wonderful keepsakes and gifts. Whether you're a pin collector, bird enthusiast, Nature lover, brooch fancier or perhaps one of our designs has just caught your eye! We have a little something for everyone. Pins are a great way to express yourself and add a touch of fun to your daily attire. Pins can be worn on clothing like jackets and cardigans, they can be worn on hats, bags, scarves, lanyards, aprons and pretty much anything you can pin them onto. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and quality in our products and we know you'll love them just as much as we love creating them!
- Black nickel plated.
- Hard enamel fill.
- It measures 45mm in length.
- Metal butterfly clutches.
- Two pin studs on the back for extra security and to prevent rotating during wear.
- Comes mounted on a backing card and in a protective eco-friendly Cellophane bag.
- Due to photo lighting and differences in display screens from various devices, the colours of this item may be slightly different than pictured.
This item ships from Australia. Please check out the Shipping Policy page for lead times and shipping options.